Monday, February 21, 2011

The Cake Ball Experience

Cake Balls are quite the fad nowadays, they are everywhere! You can even get a book that is all about cake balls.  I will admit a lot of them and awlfully cute.




I have been intrigued by them for some time and I have wanted to try them out.  They just sounded so gross.  Mashed up cake, mixed with icing, dunked into a candy coating, then rolled in sprinkles?  Talk about sugar overload!  Recently a friend asked me to come over and help make some cake ball pops for her niece's first birthday, so naturally I jumped at the chance.

It took us three hours to make 50 cake ball pops, not including baking the cake!  These little suckers were very labor intensive, a two woman job minimum.  And they tasted just as overly sweet as I had expected!  The cake itself had a weird, "already been chewed" texture to it as well.




While they did end up looking cute, in my opinion they weren't worth the effort.    Mini-cupcakes are just as cute and taste way better!

1 comment:

  1. So yummy, we have to try these for ourselves someday but they sure seem like a lot of hard work! :)

    ReplyDelete