Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Andes Mint Cookies

So a while back I participated in a chain letter, scary right?  I was really excited about it, because this was a recipe chain letter, not some crazy send this to 187 people or your dog will die chain letter.   If everyone participated I would get like 14 new recipes.  As it turns out I was being very optimistic that everyone would not only send a recipe, but forward the chain to seven of their friends.  I ended up with only one recipe, and it was this one.  I was disappointed about my lack of quantity, but this recipe made up for it with quality!

These were so simple to make, and so yummy!  They are great to bring to parties, and get-togethers because they transport great.  I just put them in a Tupperware, layered with pieces of parchment in between and they arrived in perfect condition.



Andes Mint Cookies

 Ingredients:
1 Devil's Food Cake Mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 eggs
Andes Mints

Directions:
1. Mix cake mike, vegetable oil and eggs together.
2.  Roll into 1 inch balls, place in cookie sheet and bake for 6-9 minutes ( I used 8 minutes).  Do NOT over bake!
3.  Remove cookies from over, leave on baking sheet.  Immediately place one Andes Mint on each cookie.
4.  Wait about 4-5 minutes until the mint has melted through, and simply spread the mint like icing.

Notes:
Andes mints come in packs of 28, and I ended up with 32 cookies.  Which is fine with me, I just left some un-iced and they were still very yummy.  But if you are über-type A, I would suggested buying two packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment