Friday, April 15, 2011

Body Worlds & The Cycle of Life


It was recently my birthday, so what better to celebrate that going to look at bodies? Let me say Body Worlds was AWESOME!  (as predicted, way better than the knock-off at Internations Mueseum of Surgical Science.) This is my third time seeing a Body Worlds exhibit, and I am never disappointed.  This time there was a lot of pieces that had two bodies interacting.  They all appeared to by standing on their own accord!  Even my husband, the architect, couldn't easily see the support structure.  There was also an ostrich with it's feathers!  I had no idea they were so big!

The Cycle of Life part was a little bit of a downer though.  There were all these plaques essentially saying that we are all going to die one day.  Like that is big news.  I was also highly entertained at the Museum of Science and Industry employees giving out blatantly wrong anatomical info.  I snickered a lot to myself.

Gunther von Hagens is great and always puts on a good show.  Plus I like his hat.



Here is where you can get tickets to the show at the MSI in Chicago:

And while your there make to vist the chicks!

No comments:

Post a Comment