Sunday, March 6, 2011

Indoor Herb Garden; Day 1

I cannot tell you amount of fresh herbs, not to mention money, that I waste while cooking.  recipes always call for a fraction of the herb that you have to buy!  This saddens my greatly.  :(  So I decided to start my own indoor herb garden, which should be quite the adventure. I have heard a lot of herb garden horror stories.

Nonetheless I have been very excited to plant mine!  I found this great little kit on Olive Barn



It is a great kit, it comes with everything you need to start growing right away; pots, seeds, even dirt!  It is even uber cute to boot!  Plus you can choose which herbs you want to grow.  I decided to start with chives, cilantro and parsley since those seem to be the herbs I use the most.  If this all work out well I plan to expand my garden.

I was so eager to get started!  It seemed like to took forever to get my package.  When it finally came I had to work the next three night shifts!  So I was very excited when I finally got to put it all together!

I bought some extra dirt, fearing I wouldn't have enough. I mixed the potting soil in with the dirt provided by the kits.  I had more than enough dirt.  I also had Kevin write my little tags in nice architect handwriting.  Here is the end result:


The seed packets say it will 10-15 days to germinate.  I will post an update around then, if they germinate.


No comments:

Post a Comment